We get it. You’re working, so it’s not easy to find the time to explore better jobs, let alone meet ever-changing job requirements.
Here are some tips to help you prepare and be hired for your best job:
- Upskill to add value for employers.
- Start by asking about on-the-job or additional training with your current employer. That not only shows that you’re invested in their success but also in yours! Your best job may be a move within your current company.
- Take free classes online or at your local library. There are many that can help you build your soft skills like listening, teamwork, and a positive attitude. Sought after by employers, knowing what they are and practicing them are easy first steps to take.
- Invest in yourself. Maybe you don’t want to spend the time or money on college, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take one or two courses. Some continuing education courses are free as well! Check out, for instance, these manufacturing courses on Coursera.
- Subscribe to job alerts for job titles you’re interested in. You can set an email alert with Google Alerts, or subscribe to alerts on your favorite job platform, like Indeed.
- Keep your resume on file where employers are looking.
- Add your resume and keep it up to date on hiring platforms like Indeed and Ziprecruiter.
- Put your application on file with GreatWork! Certified staffing professionals will work with you personally to help identify jobs you will be happiest in from a larger pool of employers than you have access to.